Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Raspberry Green Smoothie - Ashley

5-22-12


I didn’t have time to actually make yesterday’s recipe, but it was a smoothie so I made it for breakfast this morning. And! I think it’s safe to say that I strayed so far from the original recipe, I owe it to the creator to give it a re-do. It wasn’t very good; in fact, it was to the point where I was forcing myself to finish it. No one likes a Wasteful Wanda.

Recipe as follows:

Ingredients:
5 cups fresh spinach
1 cup soaked chia seeds
1 cup water
1 tbsp maca
1 tbsp green powder
2 tbsp carob powder
3 frozen bananas
½ cup frozen raspberries

Directions: Soak chia seeds in 2 ½ cups water a couple of days prior to use. Blend everything afterward.

What I did:
I knew that I was only making enough smoothies for Steve and myself so I cut most of the ingredients to:
2 cups of fresh spinach
1 cup water + a few ice cubes (I forgot to freeze my bananas)
2 tbsp carob powder
2 bananas
1 bag frozen strawberries

I went to the health store to get the chia seeds, maca, green powder, and carob and let’s just say it was all out of my price range. I looked everything up online and I’ll be ordering that way and making the smoothie the right way again later. I also didn’t have any raspberries, so I figured strawberries were just as good. I was probably wrong about that. I figured the smoothie would be good with the bananas, strawberries, and carob (a chocolate replacer), but I think the spinach threw it off quite a bit. There’s always next time!



Overall Rating: Puke (if made my way, unfair to rate the real recipe)
Would I Make It Again and/or Recommend: Yes, to make it correctly


Scale:  Super -- Satisfactory -- Average -- Eh -- Puke

Rating Based On:
  • Taste - N/A
  • Ease of Preparation - Super Easy
The original can be found here:
http://uncooking101.com/site/raw-food-recipe/ultimate-energy-boosting-raspberry-green-smoothie/ (an awesome website for those who are into the raw eating lifestyle)


Raspberry Green Smoothie - Amanda

I also didn't follow the ingredients precisely, however here is what I did use:

  • 3 cups fresh spinach
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp maca
  • 2 tbsp carob powder
  • 2 frozen bananas
  • ½ cup frozen raspberries
Immediate Feedback: It was REALLY chocolately. I'd definitely back off of the carob powder. I drank the whole thing...but I was starving.

Overall Rating: Eh

Would I Make It Again and/or Recommend: Up in the air

Scale: Super -- Satisfactory -- Average -- Eh -- Puke

Rating Based On:

Taste - Eh
Ease of Preparation - Super Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment