Sunday, May 27, 2012

Applesauce Pancakes - Ashley

Let me just start by apologizing for not having pictures or a video of this endeavor. I was holding my almost seven week old the whole time, so obviously that was more important than holding a camera/setting up a video. Besides, the only thing you missed was me dumping flour all over the floor. 


This recipe was your basic pancake mix with applesauce added. Not too much to it and it went reasonably well. I will say that this recipe makes some super thick mix, so we had to keep gradually adding water to thin it out a bit. I personally like thin pancakes as opposed to super thick, so if you like thick, no thinning is required. I feel like the applesauce made the pancakes cook ridiculously fast, so make sure you start out on a low-ish heat and work your way up from there. They weren’t very applesauce-y, so if you want to taste more of that, I would recommend adding another 1/2 cup or so. 


I think this is the first recipe that I didn’t deviate from since starting this. Here it is:


Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. milk + 1 c. applesauce
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt



Directions:
Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy; beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth.


* It says that it makes 18 4-inch pancakes. I’m going to say that it makes WAY more than that, but that could be because we thinned ours out so we had a ton more. 

Recipe can be found here:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,194,144180-239201,00.html

Scale:  Super -- Satisfactory -- Average -- Eh -- Puke

Rating Based On:
  • Taste - Average
  • Ease of Preparation - Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment