Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chocolate Pudding - Ashley

5-22-12


I bet when you think about chocolate pudding, you don’t think avocados, bananas, or dates. WHAT?! Yup, but I gave the recipe a try and it was fantastic! It was super simple and if you have the ingredients on hand and are having a chocolate craving, it’s a perfect go to recipe to solve that problem. In my case, I had a few avocados and bananas that were about to go bad, so I needed a way to get rid of them without throwing them away.

So, without further ado, here’s the original recipe:

Ingredients:
2 avocados
1 banana
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup dates (pitted, soaked in water for a few hours, drained)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer to a bowl or individual serving bowls and chill several hours before serving.

As I was cutting my avocados, I realized that one of them had gone bad already. Total Wasteful Wanda. With one avocado down, I had to cut the rest of the ingredients to half-sies. With the exception of cutting everything to half and not soaking the dates for a few hours, (I soaked them for 30 minutes, I’m really impatient) I stuck to the recipe. My only critique is that if you don’t like a strong taste of banana, add a ¼ banana at a time and keep tasting. My ½ banana turned out well, but I can see how it would be a little strong for some people.  Be prepared for an awesome mess in your blender, mine is currently soaking indefinitely. Also, it’s much better chilled, so try to be patient and let it chill for an hour or so.



Overall Rating: Satisfactory
Would I Make It Again and/or Recommend: Yes


Scale:  Super -- Satisfactory -- Average -- Eh -- Puke

Rating Based On:
  • Taste - Satisfactory
  • Ease of Preparation - Super Easy
Original recipe can be found here:
Finished product - totally looks like my handprint on the lid...it’s not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment