Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Week 3 & Various other failures

If you know me (or have read ANY of my blogs), you know that I'm a notorious failure. Like I really. Really. Suck. It's no big deal and I've come to terms with it in a loving, self-conflicted sort of way.

I'm going to keep week 3 short and simple. If you have made week's 1 & 2 changes and you're staying strong, this should be an easy task for you. We're going to investigate labels in your kitchen again. We're just clearing that b out, aren't we? If you find anything that has sugar in it, it has to go. Yep. And I don't mean looking at the label and saying, "Nope. I don't see the word 'sugar' anywhere on this." Sugar is a deceptive little a-hole and you really have to know what you're looking for sometimes. Soooooo, if you look at your labels and you see any of the words below, so farewell junky food!

Instead of typing all the different forms out, here's a nifty little list for you: CLICK ME

With the exception of honey...you know what I'm going to say, right? It's gotta go. I'm sorry. We can cry over it together. Now, here's where I apply the, "I've gotta live my life" rule. I occasionally consume sugar. Not in the form of prepackaged, crappy middle aisle grocery store food...but from home made baked goods. But it's rare. I use organic Florida crystals pure cane sugar and brown sugar when I do. I would HIGHLY recommend doing a sugar detox for a couple of weeks, just to get the cravings to die down a bit and cleanse your system of all the crap you've been ingesting. I swear, I don't crave junk much anymore. And when I do eat, say a Krispy Kreme or DQ (I know, I know), I get sick. Like it's not pretty. Like my son who is normally underneath of me 24 hours a day won't even come near me. Haha!

On a semi-related, semi-unrelated note, I've decided to take on another challenge that I give myself a good week before I fail. Self fulling prophecy of failing much? What's the challenge, you ask? I have decided to not go to the grocery store anymore. Yep. No more. I used to love grocery shopping. Before the kid. Before I HAD to make three meals a day. When I had options like Whole Foods and Central Market. Big C is generally awesome at the grocery store, so that's not the issue. Give that kid a green smoothie and he's set for 30 minutes. I just feel like I'm spending way too much money on things that I could get for cheaper online and/or better quality.

So, this is my proposal to myself:
Meat will be ordered twice a month from US Wellness Meat
Veggies/Fruit/Dairy come weekly through Annie's
All additional items will be purchased through various online retailers such as Amazon, Vitacost, or Frontier.
Am I forgetting anything? Please remind me if I am!

I think it's feasible. But I've also had a couple of beers and when that happens I get super ambitious. Which is why I've made jello and a cauliflower pizza crust, while typing this out. I needed to meal plan to make sure all of my lovely fresh veggies that I picked up today don't go bad...but Downton Abbey is calling my name. I bid you good day. I SAY GOOD DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment