Friday, December 28, 2012

Meal Plan Dos

Between the holidays, being sick, and Chase getting two more teeth, I haven't had the time (or inclination) to type up another meal plan. I did write it down for planning purposes, but yep...that's about as far as I got.

Without further adieu, here's another week for you lovely people.

Day 1
Breakfast: Sweet potato hash w/ sausage stirred in and fried egg on top

Dinner: Bison burgers w/ roasted asparagus

*Notes: I loosely followed the breakfast recipe. I use this nitrite free sausage from Publix and they have a decent selection of different "flavors." Dinner is easy peasy, I don't follow the roasted asparagus recipe, but wanted to give you something to get an idea of what to do.

Day 2
Breakfast: Frittata

Dinner: Maple pecan encrusted chicken w/ steamed broccoli and beets

*Notes: Frittata is really easy and simple to make it how you like it. Just follow the recipe and switch out the veggie/protein for things that you like. I exchanged sausage for bacon (gotta cook it and break it apart first) and kept the sweet potato and added kale (you can add ANY green or veggie though).
For dinner, I stuck a handful or walnuts and pecans in the food processor and chopped up fine enough for it to dress the chicken. I followed the recipe loosely, but kind of went rogue and did my own thing.  It turned out really well though and I thought it was pretty darned delish.

Day 3
Breakfast: Scrambled egg and sautéed apples w/ cinnamon

Dinner: Pesto cheesy chicken w/ roasted carrots and steamed rainbow chard

*Notes: When I make apple for breakfast, I don't add honey or maple syrup. If it was a dessert, I would. I followed the chicken recipe pretty closely and it turned out well. Keep an eye on the time, it didn't take 45 minutes to bake in my oven.

Day 4
Breakfast: Sprouted flour pancakes and bacon (I throw a fruit or veggie in the mix for Chase, whatever is available. Not literally in the mix...on the side of the plate. Don't be absurd. Ha!)

Dinner: Chopped broccoli salad w/ protein of choice

*Notes: I figure most people aren't going to buy sprouted flour, but I promise it's way better for you then general flour. Just google it. :-) Also, try, try, try to buy nitrite free bacon. Applegate farms has a huge line of good products.

Day 5
Breakfast: Scrambled egg, Ezekiel toast, and fruit

Dinner: Pizza (see previous meal plan)

Day 6
Breakfast: Ezekiel bread french toast w/ sausage and fruit

Dinner: Crockpot apricot chicken w/ whatever green AND veggie you have available or are in the mood for.

*Notes: I used chicken breast, not thighs. I have a weird thing about bones...or do I...Haha!

Nag of the week:
While greens are a veggie, I try to eat a green PLUS a veggie. Try a new green once a week/every other week. Some ideas of greens: collards, swiss/green/rainbow/red chard, kale/dino kale, mustard, spinach, beet greens (yes, you can eat the greens that come on the top of the beets!), and dandelion.  I've experimented with and like those. Honestly, they all pretty much taste the same and when cooked in bacon grease or butter...can't really go wrong there.



No comments:

Post a Comment